Monthly Archives: August 2011
Changes since v188.8.131.52
- Some DLL files were missing in the Setup package
– js32.dll (Required by MP4Box)
– DGAVCDecode.dll, libavcodec.dll (Required for encoding MTS/M2T/M2TS files using Avisynth mode)
- When a VOB file was added (in AVS mode), the video was automatically cropped and deinterlaced. This will not be done anymore. Cropping and deinterlacing must be done explicitly by setting filters.
- The provided x264 presets were loaded incorrectly. The Initial Buffer Size for 2-pass encoding was set to 0.9% instead of 90%. This was causing some 2-pass encodings to fail. This issue is fixed.
- MPlayer2 does not support playback of Avisynth files. As a result the video preview was not working in the ‘Trim’ window. Mplayer2 has been replaced with an older MPlayer version which can play Avisynth files.
Changes since v184.108.40.206
- The ‘Add DVD’ option in the File menu has been simplified. Now only the VIDEO_TS folder needs to be selected.
- Fixed the window layout for systems with large font sizes. Some of the controls were cut-off or hidden from view.
- The encoder log can be opened even while the file is being encoded (Double-click or use the right-click menu).
- x264: Corrected psy-trellis option to 0.15 for “Tune Film”
- Fractional quantizer values can be selected for all video codecs
- Files can be dragged on the ‘Add Combined’ window
- MTS files will be opened with DGAVC in Avisynth mode. This will eliminate stuttering/corruption issues when MTS files are encoded in Avisynth mode.
- Fix: Encoding WAV files to FLAC fails
- Fix: The installer fails to download NeroAAC codec during setup
- Multiple instances of FFCoder can now be run at the same time
- Fix: Selecting the ‘Shutdown’ option (for shutting down the PC after encoding), doesn’t work properly in Vista/Win7 due to UAC prompts. Windows commands will be used for shutdown/reboot instead of using NirCmd. Nircmd has been removed from the package.
- Updated x264 to r2057
- Updated FFmpeg to r31572 (2011-07-20)
- Updated MPlayer to MPlayer2 (2011-08-17)
- Updated MEncoder to r33883 (2011-07-20)
- Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.48
- Updated MP4Box to v0.4.6 rev2735 (2011-03-02)
- Updated FFmpeg2theora to v0.28